StorThing is free data backup software that compresses and encrypts your files. Simply add the files to the StorThing archive and it will compress them into very tiny fraction of the original size. You can compress and store any number of files of any size and any version of your files.
After compressing the files, you can upload them to some online file storage site (like GoAruna, Wuala, or SkyDrive), or just copy to your USB Drive.
How to Use StorThing
StorThing is the best way through which you can store and manage files of different versions. For example, document files like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are present in various versions. All the files that you store on StorThing are compressed to a very small fraction of its original size. You can also use StorThing to a USB drive with just a single click.
Depending on the speed of your system, StorThing will make sure it archives the files within a few minutes or seconds. Before creating an archive, you will be asked to encrypt the data by creating a password. The files created by StorThing are saved in .sta format and you can only extract it by means of StorThing.
Here are some features that will truly entice you to make use of StorThing:
1. It gives you high speed compression and storage for your files.
2. You can store multiple versions of files.
3. It gives you 4GB of archive size.
4. High security of your data through powerful data encryption.
5. Drag and drop files from explorer to StorThing.
6. With one click you can install StorThing on Flash drives.
7. Professional ($24.95) and Server package ($67 per server) can let you access various features such as snapshots, unlimited archive size, unlimited number files in archive, automatic archive updates, view with associated application, extract to zip, etc.
Start using StorThing today to archive your files and back up your data safely. If you just want a file zipping software, read this: 10 Best Free Alternatives to Winzip and Winrar