Soundbase is a free music player for playing your music files. It is a very cool application that lets you to organize and listen to your favorite CDs as the way you store the CDs on the CD rack, per album and according to the album art image.
Soundbase has 3 main components:
This free software makes use of Microsoft DirectShow which lets you capture and play multimedia streams at high-quality. It automatically detects the different kinds of audio formats and makes use of the audio acceleration hardware when it is available.
Soundbase supports a wide variety of formats, including MPEG Audio Layer-3 (MP3), OGG Vorbis (OGG), Monkey Audio (APE), and FLAC sound files
SoundBase might not have made its way to our list of 5 Best Free Media Players, but it still crafts a place for itself.
Soundbase also lets you edit tags of various formats such as aac, mp3, mp4, ogg, ape, flac, aac and and wma. It also provides you with tag based folder structure to organize your songs by moving or copying.
If you want to automatically add tags to your media files, you can use SoundMaven.
Soundbase lets you organize your CDs just the way you do it on your CD rack, or as per the album and according to the album art image. This ensures that you do not need a separate music organizer. Another media player that integrates music organizer function is Jaangle.
Here are the features of Soundbase
- It is a free audio player that lets you displays the songs according to the albums.
- You can play audio file formats such as aac, mp3, mp4, ogg, ape, flac, aac and wma and edit its tags.
- It can download tag and the information of the album.
- It can download lyrics for all the songs of the albums.
- It can download album art images and also provides you with 10 different image options to choose from.
- It can play radio stations and provide and present you with various web radio stations to choose from.
- You can customize this application by changing the skin, color, and caption engine.
- You can turn it into a miniplayer and even access the player from the taskbar.
- It also lets you burn, rip and convert songs to various formats such as mp3, mp4, ape, flac, and wma
You can make use of this application from any place as it works anonymously. It does not make use of any registry entries and all the settings are stored in ini files. The extensive help section gives you access to frequently asked questions, screenshots and tutorials.