Folder Marker is a free software that lets you change the color and icon of folders by means of a single click. You can switch over to vibrant colors of your choice rather than the default and boring yellow color of the folder. With a single click, you can revert back to the default color of the folder.
There are other software also to change colors of folders, but Folder Marker stands out because of its simplicity of use.
Changing the color and icon of the folders help you in organizing your folders better, and you can visually easily locate the folder that you are interested in. Of course, there are some other interesting ways also of organizing folders, like create stacks of icons, or by using Fences.
The Folder Marker application adds a “Mark Folder” option to the right click popup menu. To change color of a folder, just right click on the folder, and choose the “Mark Folder” option, and then you can choose color or icon of folder that you want.
- 4 Free Desktop Managers that Add 3D Effect to Desktop
- 3 Free Software to Get Mac Style Toolbar on Windows 7
Here are the features of Folder Marker:
- It is a free software through which you can modify the color of the folder icon by a single click.
- It lets you mark the folders by priority (high, normal and low), the type of info (private and important files), work status (planned work, pending and work done) etc.
- It is a very simple and easy to use application.
- You can easily revert back to the default color of the folder.
- To change the color or icon of a folder, you can simply right click and choose the appropriate option from the “Mark Folder” item.
- You can make use of it with several folders simultaneously.
- It supports 32-bits icons.
- The ‘Users Icons’ option present on this app lets you add your favorite icons.
- It allows you to change the icon of the folder to icons from any file such as ICO, ICL, EXE, BMP, etc.