NetWorx is a free bandwidth monitoring software. It is a very simple application that lets you know how much bandwidth you have used and also lets you measure the speed of you internet connection or any other network connection. It will also inform you the sources of network glitches.
Another free software that lets you monitor as well as manage bandwidth usage is NetBalancer.
The versatility of NetWorx
Internet service providers provide its users with a set bandwidth limit as per their respective tariff plan. NetWorx is a very useful application that will help you make sure you do not exceed your bandwidth limits. The incoming and outgoing traffic is saved in a log file as well line chart. This can help you understand your internet usage statistics on daily, weekly and monthly basis. You can save the report in various formats such as HTML, Word and Excel.
If there is any suspicious network activity such as virus attack or network connection problem, NetWorx will inform you through visual and sound alerts. There alerts can also be customized. When there is a serious problem with the network or internet connection, NetWorx will automatically disconnect the connection and shut down the computer.
Here are the key features of NetWorx:
- A free bandwidth monitoring tool that let you know your internet usage.
- It is very user-friendly and is free from any malicious program.
- Shows stats in graphic or numeric display.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing traffic closely. Another interesting tool to monitor traffic is Network Lights.
- The internet usage can be saved in different formats such as Word, Excel and HTML.
- It lets you know which application on your computer is using internet connection.
- It can be used with dial-up, ADSL, cable modems, and other type of connection.
- It measures the speed of your internet connection as well as other network connection.
- It automatically notifies and disconnects the internet connection when you exceed the bandwidth limits.