Talking Angela is a free app for Android, developed by OUTFIT7, the developers of the popular app Talking Tom. Although it does not repeat what you say, you can chat with her via the in-app chat box for hours, and it does not get boring at all!
If you do get bored talking to Angela, the app still offers a lot of features. You can push her off from her chair, poke signboards, give her chocolates and gifts and a lot more. You can also buy goodies for Angela- be it food, drinks or clothes or any other essentials from the in-app gift shop.
Features of this fun app- Talking Angela
Talking Angela is a very cute app, and has a host of features to keep audiences of all ages entertained.
- The Chat Feature: In this app, you can type and chat with Angela the cat. She talks back to you in her cute voice, and her reply pops up as a chat message at the bottom. She replies surprisingly accurately to most questions, and we can’t help but appreciate the amount of effort that has been put in by the developers to develop her chat engine. In the screenshot above, see what she replied to my question of “What’s up?” Best of all, no internet connection is required for chatting with her. However, if you want to use the mic. button at the bottom right (Google Voice) for chatting with her, you have to stay connected to internet.
- Gifts and Chocolates: You can buy gifts for Angela by using up in game coins. You get 750 coins when you install the application. If you run out of coins, you can purchase more coins. You can give gifts by clicking on the blue gift button. Giving chocolates is free. You can give her chocolates by clicking on red heart button. See the screenshot below to know how Angela gets gifts. These gifts contain mainly food items.
- The Shop: You can get into the game shop by clicking on the coat hanger on the top left of the screen. The Shop contains various items that you can purchase for Angela. These items include hats, jewellery etc. The shop is shown in the below snapshot.
- Apart from the above features, you can tickle Angela, poke around the sign board and do a lot more stuff inside the application. You can even be naughty and push Angela off from her chair! Then you can see a dog wagging his bone at you warning you not to do so again!
What we like about the app?
- The animations and graphics are absolutely top notch.
- The game runs smoothly without any lags, hangs, crashes or freezes.
- The user interface is optimized enough so even children can play it with much ease.
- The chat feature where Angela gives logical replies to your statements is absolutely fantastic!
- Angela’s voice is cute!
What we don’t like about the app?
- Contains annoying top banner ads.
- Once your money runs out, you have to purchase in game money with real currency.
- Does not repeat your phrases in a funny voice like Talking Tom’s. This is not really a complaint with the app, but maybe in future realease/update of this app, the developers could perhaps add this functionality as well.
- Young children may not really be able to make use of the chat functionality in the app, as it involves a lot of typing.
This app is a must have for people who get bored with their smartphones easily. The cuteness of this application will make you go “Awwww!!”. It’s also a must have for young parents whose little babies will find this application very cute as well! Although it is ad-supported and does not offer the function of voice repetition that Talking Tom offers, this app is very cute in itself.
Do try it out and let us know what you think of this app.
Supports: Android 2.3 and up.
Get it by clicking here.