Jaxe is a free XML editor which can be easily adapted to your XML language. You can easily edit XML with this free XML editor. You can also check out free CSS Editor, free PHP debugger, and free C++ editor.
Some of the features of this free XML Editor:
- Customized graphical interfaces could be added with extra java modules.
- Jaxe gives you the privilege to see the HTML preview which is supported by XSLT stylesheet.
- It also allows you to export this into PDF and XML; XSL-FO and XSLT are the stylesheets supported here.
- You will be able to configure it with XML schema. You are free to use the configuration file for the GUI.
- It can be easily implemented with the structured narrative XML documents
- There is a validation service before the insertion of the elements
- The data input and the data being displayed are two independent units.
- Not all XML schema features are supported by Jaxe.
- Jaxe is neither a Java applet nor it can be used as one. Still, you would be able to use XML edition pane inside a Java applet.
- It is supported by various platforms of Java since Java 1.5
- Besides being free it is open source software. You can download the source code and customize the software in the way you want.
- The panel is really elaborate one with tree view and allowed elements.
- There are many examples of configuration file and schema.
- Jaxe supports 7 different languages and it chooses the default system language if it is supported.
- Support for spell checking is available for quite few languages.
- Based on the XML schema they have introduced online help.
- If there is no configuration file then Jaxe wouldn’t let you edit the XML files.
- There is a contextual menu available.
- You could do multiple redo or undo.
- It’s possible to see the source code in the program itself.
- A complete document validation is available.
Jaxe runs on Windows, Mac, UNIX or other machines. However, at least Java 1.5 is a prerequisite. Installation is very easy considering all you need to do is download the version from the website and extract it and use it right away.