Acronis Drive Monitor is a free drive monitoring software that helps to preserve vital data in the hard disk. By automatic checking of hard disk and periodic reporting to the user, Acronis makes data in computer more secure. Another hard disk monitor that we reviewed earlier is DriveSMART.
Acronis Drive Monitor monitors event logs and attaches flag to the event that indicate that data are in danger. And when a crash of hard disk is imminent, it alerts the user about the problem. So user can take a backup of important data before actual disaster happens. It also explains the nature of the problem and guides the user on how to deal with the problem.
How to use Acronis Drive Monitor:
Users have to only install Acronis in their computers. Once the installation process is complete, it starts to monitor the health of the hard disk. It gives an on-screen message to the users when a crash of hard disk is about to happen so that users can timely backup their vital data.
Acronis Drive Monitor gives users extra time to react in order to save data contained on disk devices and to arrange for their replacements. Its services includes:
- Checking for disk problem automatically
- Monitoring event logs and attaching flag to the event that indicates possibility of loss of data.
- Sending an email and displaying a message on window taskbar when it uncovers a disk related problem. And,
- And providing a weekly report showing the status of storage media.
- It supports RAID drives too.
You might also want to check out our 5 Step Guide to Improve Hard Disk Performance.