HDDScan is a free hard drive surface test and benchmark tool that scans the hard drive for bad blocks, displays S.M.A.R.T attributes, and makes modifications to the HDD parameters. HDDScan can help you proactively find if there are any problems with your hard disk. Other hard disk related tolls that you can use are free disk defragmentation software, and free software to recover deleted files.
On the main view, the S.M.A.R.T button generates the S.M.A.R.T attributes. The S.M.A.R.T . offline tests allows you to perform short, extended, and conveyance S.M.A.R.T tests. The Temperature Monitor element launches the temperature monitoring task. The Features element will enabled the features located in the submenus. The Identity Info element will generates the identity information. The Skin Selection control element allows you to assign a new skin to the program interface.
Here are some of the features of this Free HDDScan software:
- Free HDD Scan software supports a variety of storage devices including ATA/SATA HDD, SCSI HDD, USB HDD, FireWire or IEEE 1394 HDD, RAID volumes made of ATA/SATA/SCSI HDDs , USB Flash
- You can read and analyze S.M.A.R.T parameters from the hard disk
- The hard drive surface test and benchmark tool supports linear mode verification, linear mode reading, linear mode erasing, and reading in butterfly mode
- You can ,onitor the temperature on the hard disk
- HDDScan software reads and analyzes the log pages of SCSI HDD
- The hard drive surface test and benchmark tool that can run S.M.A.R.T tests on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD
- HDDScan supports Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server
- HDDScan supports Command line and a variety of skins
- The reports can be generated in MHT format and print them from your computer
- You can detect information on SCSI HDD
- You can make alterations to AAM, APM, PM parameters on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD