DriveSMART is a free hard drive monitoring tool that tracks the status and health of the hard drive. The software notifies you of any impending problems that are occurring within the hard drive. DriveSMART was developed via the S.M.A.R.T technology to track the status of the hard drive. It detects any problems that occurs within the hard drive and notifies you so that you can take the appropriate action.
If your hard disk is falling apart, it will results in data loss. By installing DriveSMART, it will forewarn you about the hard drive failing condition so that you can backup your data before the data is completely wiped out from the hard disk. S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) is compatible with most hard disks. It tracks the status of the hard disk through several methods including temperature, surface state and etc. S.M.A.R.T has the capability to report up to 70% of the problems that occur inside the hard disk. To scan your hard disk for bad sectors, you can use free software HDDScan.
Here are some of the features of DriveSMART:
- DriveSMART is a free monitoring software that allow you to track the status of the computer hard disks
- DriveSMART is a free monitoring software that can detect problems that are likely to occur on the hard disks before the data is lost
- DriveSmart software is integrated into the hard disk
- DriveSmart software displays general information about the hard drive including size, temperature, compatibility with S.M.A.R.T on the upper pane
- DriveSmart software displays detailed hard drive information including model number, serial number, firmware revision, S.M.A.R.T Feature, total LBA sectors, total logical cylinders, total translated cylinders, total logical heads. Total translated heads, total translated heads, and etc.
- DriveSmart software displays S.M.A.R.T information
- DriveSmart software offers schedule the timing for the polling of the drive
- You can enable critical temperature warning
- The log events can be displayed
- You can enable monitoring at windows startup
- DriveSmart software supports Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 95 and Windows 2003 Server
- DriveSmart software supports MAC OS X 10.2 and 10.3