Vire Launcher is a free launcher for Android which offers a lot of customizable features. It has a host of transition effects, widgets, etc. On the face first, it looks like any other standard launcher for Android. But what sets it apart are the variety of beautiful transition effects, icons and themes that it has to offer. The launcher also has some inbuilt 3D-ish transition effects.
This launcher is a fairly new entry on the Play Store, but is quickly becoming a hit among the Android users worldwide, because of the aforementioned reasons.
Features of Vire Launcher for Android
- This free Android launcher feels very fast and fluidic. Also, some of the transition effects are totally unique and nothing like any other launcher that I’ve seen before. The application drawer looks good as well. See the screen shot above to see how the transition from one homescreen to another looks like. (In the above screenshot, the transition effect is set to Crystal).
- You can get into the launcher’s settings by clicking on the menu button on your android device and selecting Settings. Once you get into the launcher settings, the following screen will appear.
You can Hide Status Bar, Enable Reflections, Enable HD shaders, or show full screen transitions which also will include the application dock in the screen animations. Theme Presets consists of various predefined settings for the launcher, Home transition style will allow you to change the transition effect while swiping through the home screens. Tapping on Premium features will allow you to purchase the Premium version of Vire launcher which comes with a lot of additional functionality. So overall, it is pretty straightforward to customize the launcher.
- You can long tap on anywhere on any of the launcher home screens to open up a small popup dialog from where you can add various system widgets, Vire launcher applets, folders etc. You can see the popup on long pressing in the below screen shot. You can also add various application shortcuts to the home screen from this menu.
What I like about Vire Launcher for Android?
- It’s free.
- It’s fast.
- Lots of transition effects.
- Ease of use.
- Supports nearly all android devices in the current market. (Android 2.2+)
What I don’t like?
- Consumes more system memory than Nova Launcher that we discussed earlier.
- To unlock extra features like icon resizing, theme creation etc., you have to upgrade to the premium version of this launcher.
Vire Launcher is an amazing launcher for Android. Although it consumes slightly more system memory that the other Android launchers available on Google Play, it has a soft corner for me because it still manages to work way too fluidly on my device, and also, it supports more devices than some other Android launchers. The transition effects are amazing, and the fluidity of this launcher is simply mind blowing.
If you haven’t yet tried it, go ahead and try it out, you won’t regret it!