Jiffy is a free time tracking app for Android. It allows the user to keep track of time. You can also view the summary of the tasks that you did, and see the monthly grid of your tasks that have been scheduled. You can set the time of a created project to auto start at a particular time.
For people out there who have to keep track of when to start work, when to finish it etc., this comes across as a perfect application.
Jiffy is available in the android store for free. It supports android Ice cream Sandwich (ICS) and above.
Features of this Time tracking app for Android:
- Jiffy has a clean and polished user interface. It allows you to create various tasks via the big Add Project button. When Jiffy opens up, you will get a screen just like the below screenshot.
- When you click Add Project button on Jiffy, the following screen opens up where you can feed the information about the project and color code it as well.
- After you feed in the desired information and press the tick button above the Project information, you will get the following page. Here, you can access the various options for the project by clicking the dotted button. Here, by clicking Start, the project will start immediately. Start at button will allow you to set the time for automatically starting the project. Edit option will allow you to edit the project details. In this window, you can also see the amount of hours and minutes that you have worked today, or in the entire week. You can either see the history of previous projects or the summary of completed projects as well from this page. You can see the project options in the following screenshot.
- You can view the Summary of your tasks by going into the Summary tab. The summary tab should look like the below screenshot, if you have already logged in some projects.
Also check out alarm clock apps for Android.
What I like about this Time Tracking App for Android:
- It’s free.
- The user interface is very polished, and a lot of effort has been put in to make it resemble the Google Now interface as much as possible.
- The app is very easy to use, and consumes low RAM.
What I don’t like about this app?
- Lack of support to devices running Android Gingerbread or lower, as this app supports only Android ICS and above.
- Maybe, they could have added a simple stopwatch function in this app as well to avoid the hassle of adding new projects for something of little importance.
Jiffy is a very neat app designed for android which is absolutely free of cost. The best part about this time tracking app for Android is that it is ad free, and keeps a complete log of your work for months. My only complaint is the lack of support for older android devices, which are stuck at Gingerbread or lower, because this app only supports devices running android ICS or above. Let’s hope that they will extend their support to those devices as well. Apart from that, it is a nice app for anyone, because it’s good for everyone to keep track of their time!