Web Help Desk is a free help desk software that allows you to fulfill the customer’s request more effectively and provide better customer service. You can use this free help desk software as just a help desk software, or an issue tracking system, or a customer support system. This free version of Web Help Desk supports one technician only, but does not have any other limitations, and is completely free.
Web Help Desk is a really good and easy to use Free help desk software. You install this on your server, and then your customer can access it over the web.
Web Help Desk is cross platform. It can be installed on servers with Windows, Mac, Linux, or Unix as Operating system. For database, you can use Windows SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, OpenBase SQL, and PostgreSQL. This ensures that you can use your existing servers, without a need to install any specific software.
Here are some of the features of this Free Help Desk Software:
- Web Help Desk is a free a web based help desk software
- The server Side Operating System support includes MAC OS X, Linux, Unix, and Windows Server
- The server Side Database Support includes Windows SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, OpenBase SQL, Postgre SQL, and FrontBase
- Users can configure the SSL Security
- Web Help Desk software does not Support Active-X and Java Applets
- You can view the status of the ticket according to its priority including low, medium, high, urgent, and critical.
- Users can create carbon copy of the tickets they submitted.
- Staffs can download the ticket as PDF or TSV.
- You can view the request type, and request detail
- Staffs can filter the ticket according to the number, last name, request type, priority, status and location
- Staffs can use basic search or advance search to find the ticket
- Staffs can view the recent tickets
- Web Help Disk software does not restrict users to a trial period or expiration date
- There is no advertisement on the software
- Web Help Desk software includes full features of the Lite edition web help desk
- Users will receives free upgrades for one year
- You can quickly change the ticket templates
- The general options let you configure the page title, maximum search results, maximum search results batch size, and maximum attachment size
- You can create accounts for unrecognized sender
- You can specify accepted domain of accepted emails,
- Specific email senders can be ignored
- The email subject and email body can be filtered
- Web Help Disk software has a SMTP timeout option
- You can use HTML email as default
- You can set the graphics in the HTML email format as links, embedded or no graphics
- You can create FAQs and documentation in the knowledge base section
- Web Help Disk software offers service level management