Favepad is a handy online service to change homepage of your web browser by adding favorite sites to access them quickly. You can use websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc. to add them, and it will provide you new notifications, updates, latest feeds, for added accounts. Thus, you don’t need to go to your account to check out new updates. You can view them directly from your new start page.
It also helps to search Internet using Google search, search videos on YouTube, information on Wikipedia directly using the homepage of your browser. You need to add Favepad as start page of your web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and then you can avail its benefits for free.
Your web browser’s new homepage will look similar to above screenshot after setting Favepad as your default start page. I have tested it on Chrome and Firefox and it worked absolutely fine.
Similar services: Domostra.com, LaunchBot, and Flavors.me.
Key Features Present In Free Favepad Online Service are:
- A useful service that helps to customize start page of any supported web browser, like Firefox, Google Chrome, and more.
- 2 to 6 websites can be added on new start page.
- For each added website, you will be able to receive new updates, notifications, latest feeds etc. (if logged in).
- It helps to search for information, videos, maps, using Google search, YouTube, and Wikipedia directly from homepage. No need to open each website on new tab. You will be directed to a new window for results.
- Top blog posts and world news headlines will also be provided to you on homepage using Favepad.
- You can also get live weather information for your location from homepage. You don’t need to install weather extensions on your web browser separately for that. It integrates YoWindow and automatically locates your current location to show you weather information and forecast.
- Completely free to use. No sign up required.
How To Change Homepage of Your Web Browser By Adding Favorites Websites?
Go to the homepage of Favepad to change start page of your web browser. Use the link present at the end of this review to access its homepage. Its homepage provides you default websites, like Twitter, Facebook etc. You can customize these websites by accessing Settings. To make Favepad as the new start page of your web browser, access ‘Set as Start Page‘ option available at top left corner of Favepad window.
There are separate ways to set Favepad as start page for different web browsers. For example, for Firefox, you need to drag Favepad icon to home icon available next to address line. And for Google Chrome, there are two different ways that you can see in screenshot below:
After this, you can add websites for your new homepage. Use Settings option available at top right side and add websites.
At most 6 sites can be added to make them visible on homepage. You can customize these sites anytime. Save the new settings and come to the main page where you need to login to sites. Login to Facebook, Gmail, or any other site, and give Favepad authorization to your account.
After this, whenever a new message, or email will come to your account(s), you can view notifications directly using the new homepage. To read the new update, click on the website and you will be directed to the main web page of that website.
Favepad is really a handy service that will make your browser’s homepage more meaningful than before. It can be used with multiple web browsers and you can customize the sites according to your requirement.
Wow…what a crappy page. Why anyone would want to use this as their start page is beyond me. It doesn’t do anything that other popular state pages doesn’t already do, and DOESN’T do what they all do. If all you do on the internet is check 2 to 6 social networking sites and some dumb ass blogs, then you really need to commit suicide. Which, if the creators of this page have any sense of honor, they will do.