My Chef Offline – Easy Recipes is a free recipe app developed for Android by Android Tech. This application acts as a cook book (recipe book) that you can refer to to make interesting meals. This recipe app allows all the recipes to be viewed offline, and hence, you don’t have to connect to the internet to view a recipe. The application is very lightweight (at just 5.7 MB), and also consumes very less system memory while running. The only downside is that there are no pictures to accompany the recipes, probably because the size of the application is so small.
Features of this free recipe application
- This application offers access to tons of recipes. These recipes are neatly categorised in the main page of this application. When you open the application, you will be presented with a menu with big buttons which you can’t miss. These buttons sort out the various recipes according to their categories.
- When you click the All Recipes button, all the recipes will be displayed in a list form. There is also a search bar, where you can type and search for a recipe that you want to cook. As you can see, recipes are rated, so you can choose a recipe with a better rating, as it is supposed to come out better than the others. Tapping on a recipe will open up the instructions as to how to cook it.
- In the main menu of the application, when you click on By Cuisine button, you will be taken to a menu where you can select the type of Cuisine that you want to cook (American, Chinese, etc.). When you select a cuisine, there is a submenu where you can choose whether you want to cook breakfast, desserts, beverages, etc.
- If you select the By Categories button in the main menu, you can access the recipes by the type of category of the meal you want to cook, i.e., Desserts, beverages, Snacks, etc.
- If you select By Ingredients option, you can multi select the ingredients that you want to use and you will see a fantastic collection of recipes that you can make out of the selected ingredients. You can clear your selection by clicking on clear all, and search for recipes with selected ingredients by clicking search recipes button.
- When you finally decide on which recipe you want to make, select the recipe from the list by tapping on it. When you open the recipe, a nice clean interface will appear which will allow you to see the instructions to make that recipe. You can open up a recipe by following any of the steps mentioned above. The recipe instruction screen will look like the following screenshot.
You can also add some recipes as your favourite by clicking the Add as Favourite button in the recipe instruction screen. Then you can access these recipes by clicking the Favourites button in the main menu of the application.
What I Like About this Offline Recipe App for Android:
- Simple to use.
- Offline recipes- No need to be connected to the internet.
- Thousands of recipes.
- Small application size ( < 6MB ).
- Consumes exceptionally low system resources.
What I don’t like about this app?
- Recipes are not showcased with their pictures, hence it’s not possible to know how the recipe will look like without actually cooking it.
My Chef Offline- Easy Recipes is a very easy to use Android application which does not require a lot of understanding. The user interface is neat, and the nearly countless number of recipes make it a hot favourite on my list of cookbook apps. Although it does not showcase pictures along with the recipes, I don’t have any qualms as the app size is less than 6 MB.
The application is really smooth, and do try it out for yourself. Stun your friends by making amazing dishes by the help of this app!