[Total: 0 Average: 0]
AVG has been one of my favorite free antivirus software since a long time. It provides really good protection despite being completely free. On top of that, it does not hogs memory of my computer, and does not impacts the startup time of my PC terribly. Now, AVG has come out with their new and improved version: AVG 9.0. This comes with some new features, and is even better than their previous version.
Here are some of the features of AVG Free Antivirus:
- AVG has also included basic anti-rootkit protection for free in this version. This ensures that the PC is protected against sophisticated hidden threat.
- AVG Free Antivirus comes with automatic updates. This ensures that your antivirus is always aware of the latest viruses and malwares being discovered everyday.
- AVG Free Antivirus protects you against viruses, worms, and trojans. It not only ensures that you are protected against these threats, it also ensures that you do not spread these to other people.
- This latest version of AVG Free Antivirus comes with an updated virus scanner that can scan your PC faster, without disrupting other tasks that you might be doing on your computer.
- This version also includes AVG Linkscanner Active Surf-Shield protection. This ensures that the webpage that you are trying to browse is completely safe, and this scan is done even before you are able to access that webpage. This protects you from the websites that download malware to your computer.
- AVG Free Antivirus also has LinkScanner Search-Shield. This feature comes handy whenever you use search engines. It scans all the results that your search engine displays in your browser, and then shows security ratings with the search results. This ensures that you can trust a search result before clicking on it.
- AVG Free Antivirus also has advanced phishing protection. This feature protects you against malicious websites that mask themselves as genuine website. It clearly tells you if a website actually is what it appears to be. This also helps you against identity theft by ensuring that you do not end up providing your personal information on some malicious website.
- This latest version of AVG Free Antivirus is also compatible with Windows 7, apart from Windows Vista and Windows XP.
AVG has further expanded the security envelope with this latest version. It would be a good idea to use it in conjunction with ThreatFire behavior based antivirus that protects you from yet to be discovered threats.
Pingback: Download Sophos Anti-Rootkit: Detect and Remove Rootkit | I Love Free Software