There are many good browsers available, including IE 7/8, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Google Chrome is the new kid on the block, and surprisingly, it is the best browser out there.
When I say it is the best, I am talking in particular for normal home users. I had downloaded Google Chrome just to try it out. But it has become my favorite browser since then ( I have IE8 and Firefox as other browsers).
Here are some of the features that I love about Google Chrome:
- The address bar in Google Chrome is the most intelligent compared to other browsers. As soon as you start typing a website address in that, it fetches the post popular results from Internet, and shows suggestions there. It also takes care of the websites that you have visited earlier. So, most probably, you will never have to type complete website name.
- The address bar also doubles up as search bar. So, if you want to searh for anything on internet, just type that phrase in the address bar itself, and it will pass that to your preferred search engine. So, no need to first open Google, and then search.
- The home page shows your most visited websites in form of thumbnails. So, you can just click on that to open website.
- Google Chrome warns you if you’re about to visit a suspected phishing, malware or otherwise unsafe website. It shows a big warning page before taking you to website. This makes it really safe to browse.
- Apart from that, the layout itself is very nice, so that the header occupies very less space.
- The downloads are really nicely handled in a single click manner.
All the above are my personal favorite features, are the ones that really make Google Chrome as the best browser for normal home users.
Here are some other interesting features of Google Chrome:
- New Tabs Page: Every time you open a new tab, you’ll see a visual sampling of your most visited sites, most used search engines, and recently bookmarked pages and closed tabs
- Application Shortcuts: Use web apps without opening your browser. Application shortcuts can directly load your favorite online apps
- Dynamic Tabs: You can drag tabs out of the browser to create new windows, gather multiple tabs into one window or arrange your tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
- Crash Control: Every tab you’re using is run independently in the browser, so if one app crashes it won’t take anything else down.
- Incognito Mode: Don’t want pages you visit to show up in your web history? Choose incognito mode for private browsing.
- Instant Bookmarks: Want to bookmark a web page? Just click the star icon at the left edge of the address bar and you’re done
- Simpler Downloads: No intrusive download manager; you see your download’s status at the bottom of your current window.