Lazyscope is a free desktop Twitter client that effectively turns the Twitter feeds into news feeds similar to RSS reader. Basically Lazyscope serves as an efficient integration of both Twitter and RSS. On top of that, it expands the links that are placed in Twitter messages to show summary of corresponding to them. You can click on that summary to see complete content within this Twitter desktop client. The users of this Lazyscope freeware will be able to get the things posted on even the sites that do not have twitter support. In effect, one need not go and actually visit each and every blog/webpage to go through its contents.
Lazyscope presents a single real-time stream of the posts that are being made on various websites and in a way functions as an X-ray vision of the links and feeds that are posted. Lazyscope continuously displays feeds from the websites that have been added to one’s stream. This is one of the best desktop Twitter client that I have come across, simply because it provides such a neat way to follow Twitter streams as well as websites from one interface.
When links are shared on one’s Twitter feed page it becomes tedious for the user to view every link by clicking on it from the feed page. Alternatively the user can use Lazyscope application to convert these posts into news feed similar to the RSS feeds and view them on a single stream.
LazyScope interface is divided into left pane and right pane. Left pane shows Twitter stream, as well as updates from websites that you are following. If any of the updates have a link in them, the link would be automatically expanded to show you a summary of its content. To view complete content, just click on the summary, and complete content would be shown on the right side instantly.
While you are viewing content from some link on right side, you will see a “Subscribe” button at top. You can click on this button to subscribe to other updates from that website. While viewing content, if you just scroll down, you will see more articles from same website.
Apart from subscribing to websites, you can also subscribe to Youtube users, Twitpic, Yfrog, Flickr, and more.
Lazyscope is available for different Operating systems like Windows, Linux and Mac and can be downloaded for free from Lazyscope.com. It sizes just about 1.5 MB and is available on the website for installation that takes just a few seconds .
Here are some of the features of LazyScope:
- View the entire content of the links without actually leaving your Twitter stream.
- The content loads instantly on the same page without much delay due to pre-fetching of webpages by the application.
- Lazyscope allows the user to follow even Non-Twitter sites.
- One can browse through the related posts very quickly from the same page.
- You can effortlessly add new sites to your stream.
- You can continuously follow your favorite blogs even without visiting them regularly.
- Customize the application to receive only the specific parts of the posts/tweets according to your choice.
- Users can choose to receive just the posts/pictures/comments alone without having to display the entire feeds on the stream.
LazyScope is a very intuitively designed application, and is innovative both in terms of features as well as ease of use.