In this article, you will read about how you can enable Windows Spell Checker in Google Chrome Browser.
The recent collaboration between Microsoft and Google has benefited in various ways. One of which is surely the spellchecker in Chrome Browser. You can now change the basic or advanced spell checking in the chrome browser to the Windows-based Spell Check that can help you fix typos and grammar in your sentences.
Google Chrome has a number of features which are not readily available and visible in the settings but are very useful. These features are hidden from the regular users but the people who are all about testing new features can easily find these features. Such small features greatly influence the productivity of the Chrome browser and may prove to be really efficient in work. And the Windows Spell Checker feature is one such hidden gem. This feature may not be visible in the settings in the chrome browser, however, you can access this feature by accessing the “flags” options in the chrome browser.
How to Enable Windows Spell Checker in Chrome?
Windows OS Spell Checker in Google Chrome is always set in the Default. However, there is a way to enable to in a seamless manner. For this, you may follow these steps.
- Open the Chrome browser in your Laptop Device.
- Then type the address chrome://flags in the address bar to open the configuration of the flags in the chrome browser.
- When the web page opens up, type “Use the Windows OS spellchecker” in the search bar given on the top of the web page. Alternatively, you can visit this web address to access the Windows OS Spell Checker chrome://flags/#win-use-native-spellchecker
- When the page opens up, the first result would be “Use the Windows OS Spell Checker”. This option will be set to default. You can change the setting to “Enable” in the drop-down menu given in beside the flag option.
- After you change it to enable, you will be required to close the chrome windows and restart the computer to save and apply the settings. After the system starts again, the spell check would be working.
There you have it, folks, it is that simple and easy to enable the Windows Spell Checker in Google Chrome.
Windows OS Spell Checker is a way to enhance the spell checking in the chrome browser. However, if you enable this feature and previously used the Advanced Spell Checker in the chrome browser, enabling Windows OS Spell Checker will make this setting drop down to “basic spell check” when you visit the language settings in Chrome.