SpeedFan is a free utility that can check and control the voltages, fan speeds, and temperatures of the hardware and monitor chips inside a PC. SpeedFan can display the temperature of the hard drive by accessing the computer S.M.A.R.T information. SpeedFan is compatible with the SCSI disk. SpeedFan can alter the speed of the fan via the digital temperature sensors. This software is able to detect most of the hardware monitor chip that are plugged into the 2-wire SMBUS (System Management Bus).
Here are some of the features of SpeedFan:
- Alter the speed of the fans by referring to the system temperatures
- Supports Windows 9x, Windows Millennium, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, and Windows Vista
- Monitor the voltages, fan speeds and temperatures of the hardware and chips in the computer
- Access the S.M.A.R.T and display the temperature of the hard drive
- Include a bonus feature which can alter the FSB on certain hardware
- Change the fan speed by accessing the digital temperature sensors
- Detect hardware that are connected to the 2-wire SmBus (System Management Bus)
- Include data from TPWS002 Intel Document concerning Tjmax values
- Support ADP3228 fan reading
- ADvSmart will not link a drive if the SMART data contain bad checksums
- Full support for Fintek f71889F
- Access the SMART data via a new method
- Supports SMART access for the two hard drive including SCSI and SAT hard drive
SpeedFan is a popular freeware to manage your system fan speed, and keep temperature of your system under control.