Web of trust is a free browser add on that protects your computer from online scams and shops that are untrustworthy. Web of trust shows you ratings for a website, before you surf to that. This prevents you from accidentally opening malicious website. Web of trust is available as an add-on for Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Web of Trust has three protection setting including Basic, Light, and Parental Control.
The Basic protection will shows rating icons for all sites and the search ratings will be displayed in a pop up window. The light protection setting shows rating icons on poorly rated sites and the search result ratings are not shown in a pop up window. The Parental Control protection setting blocks the browser from accessing sites that are not suitable for children. The Parental Control protection will slow down the browsing for a few seconds.
Web of trust comes from Panda Security, which are makers of other popular security software, including, Panda Cloud Antivirus.
The Web of Trust is available in color blind accessible version. After you have installed the plugin and refresh the browser, users are required to register with WOT in order to use the free plugin. Users will be able to rate the websites and share the rating with other WOT users. WOT users can rate a website as very poor, poor, unsatisfactory, good and excellent. Users will be able to rate the website’s trustworthiness, vendor reliability, privacy, and child safety.
- Web of trust add-on offers Three protection settings including Basic, Light and Parental Control
- Users can rate the website according to trustworthiness, vendor reliability, privacy, and child safety
- Users can rate the website in 5 types of rating including very poor, poor, unsatisfactory, good, and excellent.
- You can also add comment to the website
- Users rate only the websites that you are familiar
- You can provide your own rating if the WOT rating is wrong
- You can supply a rating for a site that don’t have the WOT symbol