This free portable web development IDE is available for all the major operating systems. You can use it on Windows, Linux and very soon there will be a version available for Mac. Linux versions comes in both 32bit and 64bit editions. From the screenshot down below you can see that Kinetic Wing actually has a very simple interface, without a lot of complicated menus to go through.
Tabbed interface will make it easy for you to have several documents open at the same time. Top left corner has the standard menu that you’d normally expect applications to have.
Key features of Kinetic Wing are:
- Free and simple to use: easily edit and develop web applications
- Portable: does not require installation in order to be used
- Supports web development languages: PHP, CSS, HTML, PHP, SQL, and more
- Syntax highlighting: code more easily using syntax highlighting
- Code suggestion and auto completion: complete code as you type
- Distraction free mode: opens up the interface in fullscreen
- Project management and an advanced search and replace tool you can use
- Cross platform: currently Linux and Windows, Mac OS version on the way
Web development has picked up quite a pace over the recent years, and having a proper editor is a very important thing. If you are looking for an alternative for the text editor that you’re currently using, then this just might be the thing that you need.
How to edit and develop web applications with Kinetic Wing: free portable IDE
You just have to click on the downloaded executable and the application starts right away. This is perfect when you need to run a text editor from a USB flash drive, when you can’t install applications on the computer.
To start editing documents you just have to click on either File >> New or File >> Open, depending on what you need. On the image above you can see the very useful code suggestion feature in action. Every new text file that you open or continue editing will be opened as a new tab. Select View >> Distraction free editing in order to only focus on the files that you have open, to open up the application fullscreen.
Kinetic Wing is a great for web development. It’s very easy to setup. All the popular languages are supported and can be edited. Syntax highlighting is available for a large number of applications and not just that, but you also get code suggestions that pop-up as you’re typing code which is gonna make web development very interesting for your and your client. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.