Document.Editor is a free document editor that can edit text files, RTF files, HTML files, and Flow Document. It can save edited files in Txt, RTF, and Flow Document format. Document.Editor is a good document editor to have on your computer if you don’t have OpenOffice, or any other Microsoft Office alternatives. However, the absence of support for doc format is a big limitation.
This free Flow document editor has a really nice interface that resembles Word 2010. It comes with a Ribbon layout for menu, and provides lot of formatting features.
Some of the features of Document.Editor are:
- Comes with a tabbed interface, so that you can open and edit multiple documents together.
- It comes with all the common editing commands, like, Cut, copy, paste, redo, undo, delete, Select All, etc.
- It lets you insert various type of objects in your document. You can insert images, links, documents, and more in your files.
- It comes with many formatting tools, like, Font size, font style, font color, Bold, Italic, Undeline, alignment options, and more.
- It also comes with tools like Spell Check, Text to speech, and translate.
As you would notice, Document.Editor has really nice features. But, as I mentioned earlier, absence of support for doc files is a big limitation. The advantageous feature is that it supports Flow Document format, but that format is not common yet. I am yet to come across any file that wade made in that format. Still, if TXT, RTF, and Flow document is enough for you, then Document.Editor is definitely a good choice. Otherwise, you can try tools like Jarte or IBM Lotus Symphony.
Download Document.Editor free.