Adblock Plus is a free ad blocking software that can block advertisement banners that appear on a website. It can be installed as an add-on on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, Prism, SeaMonkey, and K-Melion. Once the firefox extension is installed, the advertisement banners won’t be downloaded anymore.
Adblock Plus comes with a list of filter subscriptions that is periodically updated. Once a new filter subscription is available, it will automatically update by itself. The filter subscription can be added in a future time. Users can develop their own filter subscription even though they don’t use a filter subscription. The filter subscription will prevent all the banner advertisement from appearing on the website.
If you want to remove ads while printing a webpage, you can use PrintWhatYouLike.
Adblock Plus cannot block an advertisement that are not related to the website and downloaded separately. The Element Hiding Helper extension allows you to develop your own element hiding rules. Adblock Plus can be easily uninstalled by going to menu Tools >Add-on. Next, select Adblock Plus and click the “Uninstall” button.[subscribe-to-us]
Here are some of the features of this Free Ad Blocking Software:
- Remove advertisements that are part of the web page
- Regularly updated filter subscriptions
- Create your own filter subscriptions
- Compatible with Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Prisom, K-Meleon,
- The extension can be disabled by clicking on the arrow symbol located near the Adblock Plus icon in toolbar and then choose Disable from the menu
Adblock Plus is completely free and extremely easy to use. This helps you in easier browsing so that ad banners don’t distract you.