SeaMonkey is a free all-in-one internet application suite. It combines together a browser, an email client, a feed reader, an IRC chat client, and an HTML editor. Basically, everything you need to effectively browse the internet are combined into one. SeaMonkey is completely free, and extremely easy to use. SeaMonkey is based on the Mozilla source code, that also powers Firefox and Thunderbird. This makes it extremely stable, and very functional.
Normally all of us end up having a separate browser (such as Google Chrome or Firefox), some good email cient (such as Mozilla Thunderbird), and use some feedreader (such as Google feed reader). SeaMonkey ends the need for having these separate, and effectively combine them together into one nice all-in-one internet suite. SeaMonkey works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
One thing I really liked about SeaMonkey is that it is very feature rich. Apart from that, you can further enhance the functionality of SeaMonkey by using tons of Add-ons that are available.
Here are some of the features of SeaMonkey Browser:
- Tabbed Browsing
- Can detect feeds on web pages that you browse.
- Search the web pages that you have visited earlier.
- Smart Location bar to easily navigate to your frequently visited web pages.
- You can specify multiple pages as your home page.
- Change themes.
Here are some of the features of SeaMonkey Email Client:
- Email can be viewed in tabbed form, so that you can work on multiple emails together, and still have just one window open.
- Adaptive Junk email control.
- You can add multiple email accounts.
- You can access your feeds from mail client itself.