Driver Sweeper is a free tool that allows you to remove old drivers from your system in order to keep it in peak performance. Old drivers can cause problem such as instability, slow downs and startup problems. Driver Sweeper takes care of that by completely removing old drivers from your system.
There are two ways to operate Driver Sweeper. Both of the methods will produce the same results and remove all the files on the driver.
First method is by using GUI. This is my preferred method. In this, you can simply select the drivers that you want to remove, and Driver Sweeper will take care of that.
Second option is by passing parameters while initiating Driver Sweeper. This method is good for Advanced Users.
Here are some of the features of this Free Driver Sweeper tool:
- Driver Sweeper operates in two methods which will produce the same results and clean all the files
- Old drivers can be easily detected and removed
- Old drivers that causes instability, slow downs, and system crashes will be removed
- Users will be able to backup the old drivers
- There is a popup after the driver is cleaned
- Driver Sweeper supports multiple languages including English, Chinese, French, Danish and etc
- Driver Sweeper supports NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative and Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX), and Microsoft (Mouse)
- The program settings are saved in ini file
- Nothing is created in the Windows registry so that it can be used as a portable problem
- The log files are saved to the hard drive
- File scannings and registry keys are optimized
- Driver Sweeper now includes an improved ATI Registry cleaning or NVIDIA file cleaning
- Rewritten desktop icon restorer
- Driver Sweeper supports 32bits and 64 bits of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista