Panda USB Vaccine let users vaccinate their computer against infection from USB/DVD/CD. The program blocks the AUTORUN.INF file so that no programs in the external drive including USB/CD/DVD drive can automatically run. It can be applied on any USB drive to stops the AUTORUN.INF file from executing in order to prevent malicious programs.
Panda USB Vaccine is a non reversible tool which might cause certain applications from not working. If the USB drive does not contain AUTORUN.INF file, the program can be safely run to vaccinate it. Panda USB Vaccine supports NTFS file system formatted USB keys. When the program is running in a USB drive, it will shut down the processes of the AUTORUN.INF file so that it cannot be read, created, deleted or modified. It will prevent malicious program in the USB drive from running in the Windows systems.
Some other interesting tools for USB drives:
- USB Safeguard: Secure Documents on Flash Drive
- Lupo PenSuite: Install Best Portable Apps on USB Drive
- CodySafe: Free Software to Add Menu to USB Drives
- Wiki on a Stick: Free Portable Wiki for Flash Drive
Features of Panda USB Vaccine:
- Panda USB Vaccine is a freeware
- Panda USB Vaccine software supports multiple languages
- The installation wizard is fast and easy
- Panda USB Vaccine software vaccinate the computer from malwares or autorun programs
- Panda USB Vaccine software vaccinate a USB drive from malware or autorun infections
- Panda USB Vaccine software prevent the malware from spreading to other computers in the network
- It is compliant with all vaccinating NTFS drives which is not similar with the vaccination of FAT/FAT32 drives
- You can set whether to launch USBVaccine on startup
- The configuration option is minimized to the system tray
- You can automatically vaccinate any new inserted USB key
- Enable NTFS file system support
- Repair the bug on PC shutdown
- Can be used with a commandline prompt
- Can be used on any files that are copied to or from it
Panda USB Vaccine is completely free for everyone to use.