Maps App is a free maps app for Windows 8; available in the tools section of Windows store. Using this Maps App, you can view the locations in various views and find directions also. You can view local business places, terrains, roads, and much more; to help you know about places and help you during tough times. You just need an internet connection to navigate or you can print the map using this app to view it later. Let’s find out more details of this app in the following review.
Details Of Maps App For Windows 8:
Maps app is a powerful tool to view: local business places, surrounding locations, terrains, etc. You can have a beautiful experience of these maps both on your Windows 8 touch devices and normal PC’s also. You just have to install this app to view those beautiful views and places.
As soon as you launch the Maps App, you will see the interface as shown in above screenshot. Use your mouse to drag, double click to zoom, scroll to zoom in or out. Just right click to view extra options for: different kinds of views, your location, directions, search, and printing or saving the map.
- Different Views: These views option appear on top of the screen. The four different types of views available are: Earth, Hybrid, Roadmap, and Terrain. In Earth you will see the map as if you are viewing from space. In Hybrid mode you can view roads, buildings, etc. In roadmap view you can view the roads and railway lines on the map. In terrain you can view: mountains, rivers, etc.
- Your Location: This option is available on the bottom. Just click on this and you can view your current location.
- Directions: In this you can get directions from one place to another (as shown in below screenshot).
- Search: Use this option to search for the places that you wish for.
- Print or Save: You can print or save the map or directions that you have viewed to view them offline.
Features of Maps App:
Here are the features of Maps App:
- This maps app is free.
- Find locations, contact information, integrated maps.
- Different modes of views are available to view the maps.
- Get directions for travelling from one place to another.
- Save or print maps to view them offline.
- Snap mode is available for this app.
Installing Maps App for Windows 8:
To view the app in Windows Store click here (open in Internet Explorer of Windows 8). Install the app from there and start using it.