LaunchBar Commander is a free application launcher. It is an easy way to access frequently used programs and applications.
LaunchBar Commander contains shortcuts to various applications that you want to launch quickly when required. LaunchBar can also launch folders and documents.
Apart from the regular shortcuts, this application also supports folder links which display the contents of the folder in a drop menu style.
How to use LaunchBar Commander:
You need to install this lightweight LaunchBar Commander before reaping its benefits. Once LaunchBar Commander is installed it launches a bar on the top of the screen by default. The bar can even be docked sideways if desired.
But if you don’t want the launch bar eating away your desktop space then the bar can be toggled to tray mode; basically, it will get minimized on the system tray. Now just drag and drop your favorite folders and applications on the bar.
This application is customizable and you can tailor the look of the launch bar. Fonts, colors, icons etc can be customized according to your liking.
Features of LaunchBar Commander:
- Menus are highly configurable and a hierarchy of menus of varied depth and type can be built
- Launch bar is easily toggled sideways or on the system tray
- Supports drag and drop functionality
- Provides access to folders and documents
- Supports multiple docks
- Files can be opened at runtime with particular programs by dropping them on their buttons
- Bar configurations can be stored in separate portable files which can be used as backup or can be moved with ease between computers
- It has a smart tree building technique which can be used to extract icons and descriptions from files and documents
- User can choose skins to customize the appearance of the launch bar
LaunchBar Commander is compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista and is an ideal tool for users who want a quick and easy way to access their favorite programs, files or folders.