Ginipic is a free image searcher to search pictures online, and in your local image collection. It makes finding pictures on the web a very effortless and trouble-free task. With this free image searcher, you can search for images in image search engines, photo sharing websites, and your local computer. This is better than desktop search engines like Hulbee Desktop and Copernic Desktop that do not provide such a comprehensive image search.
How to use GiniPic Image Searcher:
Users need to follow three steps to get the desired images from web:
1. Search: Users can simply type in the query in the search box and within no time Ginipic displays the results in thumbnail size. It also filters duplicates before displaying the search results. Users can even search their local computers for photos/images. To widen the search options Ginipic offers the “All sources” option which results in searching unlimited photos.
2. Preview: This window helps the users view the results in a size that they want. Users can use the in built size options – Thumbnail, Small or Medium; or can resize the photos according to their will. It also displays all the information about the image like size, usage rights, type etc.
3. Use: Once users have searched and modified the images of their choice they can save it, share it, set it as wallpaper or embed the picture in posts/blogs etc. Users can also edit images using any free image editing software.
GiniPic is really easy to use, and full featured.
Features of GiniPic Free Image Searcher:
- Compatible on all Windows Platforms
- Supports drag and drop functionality
- Can display lot of images on one page
- Supports photo tagging
- Users can search for image search engines, pictures on local network or images on websites which offer photo-sharing
- Photos can be embedded in blogs by using the “copy to clipboard” option and then pasting it in the HTML
- Almost hundred image search results are displayed on a single page
1. Search option parameters cannot be set/modified for Photobucket, Picasa and SmugMug
2. Users cannot modify the source list