Gizmo Drive is a free image mounting software that creates a virtual hard disk. It can also create encrypted virtual hard disks, RAM disks and ISO files.
Gizmo Drive can mount an image file to virtual drives. And the supported file formats includes ISO, BIN, CUE, CCD, NRG, IMG, MDF/MDS and Microsoft’s VHD.
It can also create an ISO image from an inserted disc or a folder on the hard disc.
Also Read: 6 Free CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Drive Emulators
Gizmo Drive can also create a virtual hard drive out of the system’s RAM. Its toolbar is rich in options and there is a wizard to perform complicated tasks.
The ISO image mounting freeware gives a general view of images currently mounted and a list of all images that has been recently mounted. This free image mounting software also feature to create an ISO image.
Other similar software that we reviewed earlier include Daemon Tools Lite, and Virtual CloneDrive.
How to use Gizmo Drive:
Gizmo Drive has a simple interface that looks like a Windows Explorer. To mount an image to virtual drives, one may select “Mount ISO, BIN, VHD to virtual drive” option from the screen. This option can also be selected from Tasks command on the toolbars. As Mount Image dialog box appears, one has to go through steps. When the steps are completed, mounted image will be shown on side panel as a virtual drives. Now one can access data from this virtual drives. In addition to mounting images users can customize the toolbar. This can be done either by dragging and dropping elements in the toolbar or by using Toolbar setup.
Features of Gizmo Drive:
- It can mount an extensive number of file formats including ISO and Microsoft’s VHD.
- It can create encrypted virtual hard drives that is protected by a password.
- For lightning fast access to data it can create a RAM drive.
- It can act as an application launcher and is capable of displaying and launching individual files.
- It can also burn an ISO or a folder to a disk.
- It allows users to change the way their toolbars look.
- It can be installed with additional utilities such as Gizmo Database, Gizmo Editor, Gizmo Hasher and Gizmo Script.
In short the ease of use and support for all popular image archives make Gizmo Drive a comfortable alternative to mount images as virtual drives. If you want to burn ISO to a disc, you can use one of these free CD/DVD burners.