Chrome for Business is a modern and secure web browser for business users. It’s basically a “Business version” of the popular Google Chrome browser, specifically tailored to meet the needs of networked organizations. Chrome for Business offer controls that enable IT administrators to easily create customized and locked-down versions of the browser and deploy them on Windows, Linux, or Mac according to the business requirements.
How Chrome for Business works:
Chrome for Business has two components on Windows side: a stand-alone MSI installer and a set of group policy templates (Also check out free EXE to MSI Converter for Windows).
The MSI installer enables businesses who use standard deployment tools to install Chrome for all their employees. This helps business organizations to manage privacy and security at work.
Updated with Legacy Browser Support and Cloud Management Tools:
Google has recently updated Chrome for Business with support for legacy browser and cloud-based management. Now employees will be able to use the custom web apps that were built for older browsers with the latest Chrome for Business with legacy browser support.
And with cloud-based management, they will be able to access apps, custom themes, and curated app stores when they sign into Chrome with their work account, no matter they are using their work PC or personal laptop.
Key Features of Chrome for Business:
- Business-friendly browser: Chrome for Business comes with an MSI and admin tools that help business users to easily customize the browser and create a locked-down version of it for employees.
- Speed: From loading simple web pages to running complex business web-applications, Chrome for Business provides great speed and helps in increasing productivity at work.
- Security: Chrome for Business comes with built-in malware and phishing protection that helps in protecting organizations from malicious websites and virus attacks. Plus, its cross-site scripting protection prevent suspicious sites from stealing company or employee data.
- Simplicity: Chrome for Business is extremely easy to manage and deploy; even less-experienced IT administrators can use it without problem.
- Customizable: The browser can be coupled with hundreds of extensions and apps available in Chrome Web Store and distributed to the employees.
- Legacy Browser support: The support for legacy browser enable users to run legacy apps built for older browser versions using Chrome frame.
- Cloud-based management: Chrome for Business lets you access all default apps, custom themes, and curated app web store from anywhere by signing into Chrome’s work account.
- Google Apps support: Chrome for Business provides better integration with Google apps and offers optimized features including Offline Gmail, Calender, and Docs, desktop notifications, and basic editing capabilities.
- Cross-Platform Support: Chrome for Business is available for all major OS platforms including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
The Final Verdict:
Chrome for Business is a customizable Chrome browser for business organizations that allows them to create and deploy customized, locked-down versions of browser at their workplace. This helps in providing the employees, a limited and secure access to the web and company’s internal applications, thereby preventing individual users from making updates that might cause security threat to the organizations work.