CrashPlan offers a free backup service that is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, and Solaris. It is the true backup system with dependable backup features. You can create backup of your files on not just one place but you can choose multiple destinations to ensure your safety. You can create backup on external hard drive, other computers that you own, or even your friends’ computers. You can create a backup of your entire computer for an offsite backup. You can use can use this service on any computer for creating a backup as CrashPlan’s free backup creating app works on all the computer with internet connection.
CrashPlan is designed to make backup storage system hassle free for regular users who are looking for a free backup creating tool. As you can choose any offline destination with it, you don’t have to worry about your files at all once you create a backup of them in CrashPlan. And this software is accessible from any computer with an internet connection anytime. Its revolutionary social networking concept combined with data back system makes your backup creating experience fun and reliable.
How to Use CrashPlan:
Using this software is very easy and it’s compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and Open Solaris. After downloading the installation file, launch the file and it will start the installing process automatically and take you to new account creating page. If you have existing account, click on the existing account option and enter your account details. Now, you are ready to use your free backup creating app. The default system will start creating backup of your user folder. To change it, click on the change button.
Let’s Take a Look at the CrashPlan Free Features:
- Once you launch the free CrashPlan app, it starts creating backup all by itself. You won’t get to see any annoying ads as popups or while creating a secure backup. If any interruption occurs, CrashPlan starts working when your computer is available to work.
- If you are trying to create a backup of your files from different destinations, you can manage all the backup plans and choose the most important files to make a backup of them first. It also controls the backups depending on the destination. So, you can call CrashPlan a free backup creating tool with smart backup system.
- If you have idea on using backup creating tools, you will see that most of them limit the size of files you can backup. But CrashPlan don’t put any restriction on it so you can create a backup without thinking about its size. Similar feature is available in Paragon Backup and Recovery, and Keriver as well.
- Once you have created a backup of your important data, CrashPlan can automatically update and create backup of changed or new information by creating incremental backups. It helps you to save a lot of time.
- You can restore your backup anytime by choosing go back in time option to restore specific versions of file with CrashPlan. Its flexible restore options allow you to restore all your backups easily. And you can keep your backups safe on the servers of CrashPlan with multi-level password protection.
Download Crash Plan Free.