Delicious is a free social bookmarking or you can even call it a bookmarks management service that allows you to share your favorite web-links with others. Here you can store and share images, tweets, blog posts, videos, and search the stuff shared by others.
Getting started with Delicious is easy where you get the option for simple form registration. You may also login directly via Facebook or Twitter. After performing login you will be taken to your profile-page on this free social bookmarking website.
How To Add Links At Delicious:
The procedure for sharing/bookmarking links online at your delicious profile is very simple. To share, follow the instructions stated below.
- On the top-right section of the webpage you will find a link stating ‘Add Link’. Click it.
- Then a pop-up panel asking for the URL to share will emerge on the screen. Now, type or paste the URL that you want to share in textbox and hit the ‘save’ button.
- Next, you will be shown another form with following interface having options to edit the title and description of link.
- You may select the check-box at bottom of pop-up to make it a private link.
- Finally, click on ‘save’ button and after some time the shared link will be visible on your Delicious profile.
More On Delicious Free Social Bookmarking Site:
You will be shown the number of saves for the links shared by you. You may click on the saves link and interact with people sharing common interest. This way Delicious becomes a bit more simple free social bookmarking service.
* For easy sharing of links at Delicious you can drop the Delicious Bookmarklet in your browser’s bookmark bar and use it for adding links to your delicious account. Also, you can automatically import and tag links you share on Twitter and Facebook.
If you signed up via Twitter or Facebook, your shared links from either service will soon be automatically imported into your account (maintaining your same privacy settings). You can disconnect or modify this connection at any time by adjusting your preferences in the Sources tab of your Settings.
You may also refer to our post on Skimzee online social search.
The Final Verdict:
Delicious is a fantastic free social bookmarking utility. The overall response was good. Despite of a few minor glitches I have no issue in recommending this online social bookmarking solution.
* From its emergence in 2003, Delicious was acquired from Yahoo in year 2011 by AVOS.
* Delicious utilizes redirect URLs for API based responses to check all links against its list of spam sites and warn users beforehand.