HoverSnap is a free and portable screen capture tool that is used to take screenshots and allows to save captured screenshot in jpg, png, gif, and in bmp format. It also provides hotkeys to quickly capture an active window, full screen, or a custom area of desktop screen. Another useful feature present in HoverSnap is that you can resize capture height and width before taking a screenshot. This feature is not present in most of the other similar screen capture software.
Apart from this, HoverSnap also allows you to upload captured screenshots to a configured FTP server. You will need to provide login name and password to do so. HoverSnap is quite simple and basic screen capture tool but is better than default PrintScreen key which is used to capture only whole desktop screen. Once after capturing screenshot, HoverSnap will save it automatically to default destination location. Later on, you can open screenshot with any image editor software to edit and enhance it.
In screenshot above, you can see interface of HoverSnap where you can adjust settings to capture screenshots. As mentioned earlier, there are hotkeys available to take screenshots: PrintScreen to capture full screen, Alt+PrintScreen to capture active window, and Ctrl+PrintScreen to capture a custom area.
But here, one thing should be noted that if these hotkeys are already assigned with other program, than you won’t be able to capture screenshot. So this is the shortcoming with this screen capture tool that you cannot customize hotkeys.
Once you have captured the screenshot, it will be saved automatically to default destination location. But if you want, you can change destination location according to your convinience.
Some Key Features Present In HoverSnap are:
- It is a very simple screen capture tool that helps to capture whole desktop screen, a specific part, or an active window.
- You can select output format for captured screenshot. Available output formats are: jpg, png, bmp, and gif.
- Screenshots are saved automatically to default location or to the selected location.
- You can also upload a captured screenshot to FTP server.
- Provides option to adjust capture height and width.
- It is portable also. So you won’t need to install it to your PC. Just double-click its application file to run it.
- It is completely free for everyone.
- Lightweight screen capture tool. It comes in a zip file of size 328 kb.
HoverSnap is a very simple and basic screen capture tool but can be useful to quickly capture desktop screen or a specific part of screen. However, there are more feature rich screen capture tool available that lets you edit and enhance screenshots with built-in image editors, like MakeShot, Monosnap, and Exacto. If you want to try HoverSnap, then hit the below link: