Bitfinder is a free easy-to-use duplicate file finder that will free up space on your hard drive and thus improve your computer’s performance. If you have a large amount of files on your computer, you will probably find that many of these files are, more than likely, duplicated. With Bitfinder, you simply specify where to look, click search and the software begins its search to find duplicate files. Within a few minutes, this duplicate file searching application, will display all duplicate files found.
With all duplicate files displayed, you may delete duplicate files by “checking” them in the displayed list; lists of files are displayed in group numbers. In order to understand this “grouping”, allow me to explain. If, in the event two or more copies of the same file are found, a “number” is given and displayed with all those files. This means, if three copies of the same text file are found, those three identical text files will be classed as one group. The same would happen for music, image and other files that are copies of each other. In short, all duplicates are kept in their own groups.
With duplicate files grouped, you are able to modified them by making use of one of the three options available. These options are as follows:
- The ability to copy these files to a specific location – this includes a portable device – and once copied those same copied files will be displayed on the list in a different color (blue by default)
- Moving files to a specific location; this time these “moved” files will be displayed on the list in the color orange, again by default.
- Delete any and all duplicate files. Once deleted they will not appear on the list.
The above three options are accessed from the top menu under “Duplicated”.
Other features of this useful duplicate file finder are:
- A shell context menu integration.
- A fast search mode.
- Search results exportable.
- Bitfinder supports both SHA1 and MD5 hash.
- Full and complete UAC support.
- Excellent file filtering.
This useful duplicate file searcher has, as mentioned, an easy-to-use main interface with all instructions written in easily understandable language – even a complete novice will be able to run the program.
Download BitFinder free.