Aerofoil is an award winning free software used to prolong the battery life of Windows 7 and Vista notebooks. Aerofoil can make battery last longer by allowing you to stop the options that are not required, and thus reduce power consumption of PC. On top of that, Aerofoil itself uses very less memory, and polls CPU less often ensuring that power used by Aerofoil is minimal. Other similar software we reviewed earlier is: BatteryCare.
Some of the features of this free software to improve battery life:
- There is an option available in the software to disable the Aero Glass user interface.
- You will also be able to manage the windows sidebar with the help of this software.
- You will be able to access a quick hibernate button with the help of this software.
- If you want you can mute the sound with this software.
- It is available in both 64 bit (x64) and the usual 32 bit (x86) builds.
- The memory use is very small compared to the same types of softwares. Memory usage is only 25-30% of memory usage of the similar softwares.
- With the help of this software you can disable the Aero Glass manually.
- You will not have to deal with any configuration file given the fact that everything is configured first time when you install it. Follow the installation wizard to customize the installation according to the way you want.
- If you are interested you can manage the power plans chosen for your notebook.
- By looking at the icon you will be able know whether the notebook is running on battery or AC. The icon color will help you to differentiate this.
This free software to improve battery life is open source and free. You will realize that unlike many similar applications, there are no advertisements, malware or adware.
Aerofoil is completely free and you don’t need to worry about an expiry date.