Cool PDF Reader is a free PDF Reader for Windows. It’s an extremely small sized software (just 1.7 MB) that lets you easily open and view PDF files on your system. Despite of such a small size, Cool PDF Reader can open and display all type of PDF files and also lets you convert PDF files to many different formats, including JPG, BMP, GIF, WMF, PNG, EMF, TIFF, and EPS.
Apart from that, Cool PDF Reader allows you to extract text and graphics from a PDF, Crop or Print PDFs, and even play a slideshow of the PDF document.
I have reviewed some really good PDF readers earlier: Foxit PDF Reader, Nuance PDF Reader, and Sumatra PDF Reader. All of these are pretty good PDF reader, and faster and smaller than Adobe Reader. However, none of them is as small as Cool PDF Reader. I am quite amazed by its size.
Cool PDF Reader claims that it is world’s smallest PDF Viewer/Reader. I cannot validate this claim, but I have no reason to not believe it.
Using Cool PDF Reader:
Using Cool PDF Reader is pretty easy. All you have to do is open the PDF document by clicking the Open button on the toolbar at top of the program interface, or use File > Open option (unfortunately the software doesn’t support drag and drop feature). Once you open the PDF file, you can use the arrow buttons listed on the toolbar to navigate between the PDF pages. Other tools will allow you to convert (save as option), print, rotate, zoom in/zoom out, change page view, copy, and crop PDF pages.
Cool PDF Reader comes with some really cool Features:
- Free PDF viewer and converter.
- Supports all type of PDF files.
- Completely portable.
- Extremely small in size.
- Easy to use.
- Crop or print PDFs.
- View document properties.
- Different pageviews available, including full screen, fit page, fit width, actual size, etc.
- Option to Zoom In/Zoom Out, rotate PDF pages.
- Option to play slideshow of PDF documents.
- Extract graphics and text from a given PDF. Another tool that can do the same is PDF Text Extractor.
- Convert PDF file to many different formats. It can convert PDF to TXT, JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, WMF, EPS, and EMF formats. It is really surprising that it can convert PDF to so many different formats despite its small size.
- Support for 72 different languages.
The Final Verdict:
Cool PDF Reader is really good, completely free, and I absolutely love the fact that it is so small in size. Now you don’t need to bear with the slower and bigger Adobe Reader (If you still want to stick with Adobe Reader, make sure you use PDF Speedup to speed up your Adobe Reader).
Who cares if it’s small?
That’s why I’ll stick with FoxitReader and it’s great annotating features
@pl1987: You are right, for most of us size does not matters, but for some it is really important. BTW – Did you try Nuance PDF Reader?. I recently shifted to that, and love it.
Pingback: 6 Free PDF Readers to Replace Adobe Reader | I Love Free Software