TweetDeck calls itself as a browser, but I would say it is a social networking application. Having said that, TweetDeck is really good at what it does. It basically lets you see all your twitter updates, direct replies to you, tweets from your friends, and even facebook updates in one window.
TweetDeck lets you posts updates to Twitter and Facebook directly from TweetDeck. You can choose to post an update to just Twitter, or Facebook, or to both.
Some of the great features of TweetDeck are:
- If some tweet has a small URL, TweetDeck lets you preview it before you actually browse to it. That’s a nice feature to save time and preventing going to malicious websites.
- On the same lines, you can preview photos as well as video clips from directly inside TweetDeck.
- TweetDeck lets you organize your contacts in groups, so that you can closely track updates of the ones that you think are important.
- You can manage multiple Twitter accounts through TweetDeck.
- In one window you can see your friends, replies, and direct messages. So, everything is organized very well.
TweetDeck works with Windows, Mac OS, as well as Linux.
There are lots of other great features that this free software provides. I would advise you download it, and find those yourself.
Download link, and Video Tutorials at the end.