Here are 5 Best Free Software to add watermarks to images. These software let you watermark your images in batch.
Everyone wants to protect their images/photos from being copied, misused, or stolen. There are several ways to do so: one is by disabling the right-click option on the image/photo; the other is by adding a transparent gif image on top of the image/photo to be protected. However, these methods either consume a lot of time, or they can be worked around.
The best way to authenticate and declare ownership is to copyright your photo. Efficient and easy to use, watermarking can be done on one, or on several batches of photos/images with a single go. Though popular photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop provide this facility, there are many good free watermarking software available, and those that can even perform batch watermarking.
1. Alamoon Watermark
Alamoon Watermark is a powerful watermarking software for safeguarding and improving your images. This simple yet effective software helps you to watermark thousands of photos/images in seconds. Alamoon Watermark supports major picture format like: JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PCX, PNG, TGA, PBM, PGM, PPM, GIF, VDA, ICB, VST, PIX, WMF, FAX, PSD, PDD, PSP, CUT and PCD Image Formats.
This software provides a compact, functional and friendly interface, with menus that give precise and unambiguous instructions. It is so easy to operate that even kids and adults with little knowledge of computers, can run it without trepidation.
Features of Alamoon Watermark:
Alamoon Watermark helps you to:
- Watermark your photos and digital images effectively in seconds
- Watermark with visible text, logo, or URL,
- Add date-stamp to your photos
- Protect your copyrights
Get Alamoon Watermark.
2. TSR Watermark Image software
TSR Watermark Image software is free software, which adds watermarks to images, photos and pictures with a button-click. This free watermarking software lets you watermark your images in batch. This software is free for personal use.
Ease and Speed of Watermarking:
It features many customization options in a simple user interface – for fast and full featured watermarking of digital images, pictures and photos. After selecting the source text or picture to be watermarked, it can be set in the background and its transparency level and color can be customized. This software is easier and faster to use than software like Paint.Net, or Inkscape, for watermarking all your images, which can be embedded in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PDF files.
It works in Windows XP, Windows server 2003, Windows server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 – with .NET framework 2.0 or higher.
Additional Watermarking Features and Options:
- Text to be watermarked may be normal, embossed, or chiseled
- Border design addition to the watermarked text.
- Photos can be watermarked with a text, logo, photo, or picture
- Customizable options for color and style of text to use for watermarking.
- Output of watermarked photos to: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF file format.
- Resizing option for logos/images used to watermark the image/photo
Advanced Features of TSR Watermark Image:
- Support for storing of METADATA information of photographs. METADATA information contains GPS (Global Positioning System) information about the photo, and is stored on the photograph in an EXIF file.
- The EXIF file information can be embedded or retrieved (as EXIF file) from the photo.
- Watermarked picture rotation based on information embedded in EXIF file.
- Storing watermarked text in the METADATA in the EXIF file.
- Retain or Reject EXIF information in JPEG images.
- Storing ‘quality’ of the watermarking output in JPEG images
- Option to customize the angling of text used for watermarking
- Options to maintain a single or a separate destination directory for all batch-watermarked images.
- Automatically checks for version changes of TSR Watermark Image Software
WatermarkLib software is a program designed to batch watermark professional digital photos, to protect copyrights, or prevent their unauthorized usage. This batch watermarking software is famous for its indelible watermarks that defy removal.
Features of WatermarkLib Image Editor:
- Easy-to-use interface for editing watermarks
- Create watermarks out of either graphics or text
- Watermarks made more detailed for better protection
- Capability to generate watermarks in batches.
- Customizing options for font type, size, color and opacity of your watermark text
- Supports all popular image formats, including JPEG, JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
Advanced Features of WatermarkLib Image Editor:
- Your photos bear a virtually indelible watermark.
- You can quickly add watermarks to many photos presented in batches.
- This watermark software has a fast and powerful batch processing engine which can add pictures of 800 * 600 Pixels in several seconds.
- Special function to add Date and Time stamp on the photos.
4. uMark Lite – Image Watermarking Software
uMark Lite – Image Watermarking Software, is a free software for watermarking your digital images with a name, logo, or a copyright notice.
Standard functions offered by uMark Lite (Freeware):
- Open images into uMark directly from Windows Explorer
- Add text or a logo as a watermark
- Customizable font formatting options for text
- Add special characters like © and ® to watermark
- Fast processing and high quality images
- Support for BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG and TIFF image types
Special Features of uMark Lite:
It allows you to watermark in batch mode, up to 50 photos at a time. These settings can be saved for later use. Thus automation of the task improves the efficiency of the user, unlike Photoshop. uMark Lite does not allow output image formatting and thumbnail generation.
uMark Lite is restricted in its functionality and does not offer any of the advanced features of uMark Pro, which is a paid software.
5. Kigo Image Converter
Kigo Image Converter is probably my favorite software from all these. It can not only batch watermark images, it can also convert images to different formats, and scale images.
Kigo Image Converter:
This batch watermarking software offers perhaps the most user-friendly interface, even friendlier than that of Alamoon Watermark. Kigo is designed for batch conversion of images from either a single format, or from multiple formats, to a single target format. Kigo can reduce storage size to fit the requirement of some websites. Kigo does this by scaling down the width and height of image files, or by selecting a compression format to match the target image file size. The latter is not a very efficient option.
Kigo – Use as a watermark printer:
Kigo Image Converter is also a handy tool as watermark printer operating in ‘Batch’ mode. You can select text or image as watermark, position the watermark, adjust the font and text of watermark. You can also select an image as watermark now. It allows you to add watermark to all images you select, in one go.
Combined Functionalities – Formatting and watermarking:
Probably the best feature of Kigo Image Converter is its ability to not only batch-format images, but also simultaneously watermark them. After selecting the watermark, positioning it, and adjusting its font and text, you can set the image conversion options. Now you are ready. Just click on the “Convert” button. It changes the image format, scales the image size, and more importantly, adds watermark at the same time, all automatically! Now, Kigo is also supporting images to be used as watermark, in addition to text.