One thing that I really like about Mac is the beautiful taskbar that it comes with. In contrast, Windows has a boring looking Start menu, where finding any program is not easy. My problem of finding programs was solved easily by Launchy, but I still missed the look n feel of sleek Mac taskbar. So, when I found this free software to get a Mac style toolbar for Windows, I was sufficiently excited to explore it further.
ObjectDock adds a nice taskbar to Windows. The taskbar displays your currently running programs in form of ikons, as well as Quick Launch ikons. When you mouse over an ikon, it is magnified, and ObjectDock displays relevant information about it. This gives it the Mac like look n feel.
ObjectDock really scores well in terms of customization options it presents. You can select ikons, different backgrounds, and control how they behave. Apart from that, ObjectDock has really progressed in terms of speed, and keeping a light memory footprint.
Here are a brief set of features of ObjectDock:
- You can add shortcuts on your dock.
- Display currently running applications.
- Change appearance of icons and background.
- Add docklets for specific functions on your dock (like a weather docklet)
- Option to put the taskbar anywhere on your desktop (horizontal, or vertically aligned).
- Option to hide Windows taskbar.
- Includes an ikon to display Windows Start Menu.
- Windows Vista users get live thumbnail previews.
- Thousands of skins and icons available for free.
- Fast, and Pretty.
- Completely Free.
On top of these all, ObjectDock is absolutely pretty. This is one cool software that you don’t want to miss.
Download links, and Video Tutorials at the end.