If you have two or more email accounts and it becomes a hassle to sign-in to each one of them frequently. Then we have a solution for you. Just use your Gmail account. You can add your other email accounts in to your Gmail account. Then when you compose an email, you will get a drop down menu in the from section and you can choose which email you want to send the mail from.
Lets look at the steps on how to send emails from a different address using Gmail:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to setting at the top right corner of the Gmail window.
- Click on “Mail Settings”
- On Mail Settings page, select “Account and Import”
- Under that tab you will see the option “Send Mail as”
- In this option you will find a link to add another email account. Click this link.
- This will open up a new window asking for the email address you want to add.
- Enter email address in the box and click on next.
- Next window will show you two options, like the screenshot below.
- Choose the first option.
- Then you will get a message asking to send a verification email to the email address you are trying to add. Just to check whether you really own that mail ID.
- Click on “Send Verification”
- You will be taken to a new window to enter the verification code sent to your email. Or you can send the verification email again if you did not receive the first one.
- Enter the code, and click on verify.
- The window will be closed and the settings page of your Gmail will start showing the added account as below.
- Now when you go to compose mail. You should be able to see a drop down list in the from section with both your email addresses showing. Choose the one you want to send the email from.
But note that unless you verify the account it will not start showing up in the drop down list. Also you can now forward all your emails from your other accounts to Gmail. So it’ll become all-in-one email box for you. Now when you compose a mail just select the email you would like to display on your readers mailbox. Isn’t it easy.
Go ahead and give this a try.