Blogilo is an open source free blogging client that allows users to create, publish and edit posts from their desktop. Blogilo is previously called Bilbo. On 18th September 2009, the name was changed to Blogilo because of a trademark violation issue. In the Bilbo 1.0 Greenway, several bugs are fixed including the timestamps bug, API problem when fetching posts, better error messages, paragraph spacing, toolbox show/hide functionality. The enable/disable spell checker is added to the Bilbo configuration page.
- Includes a WYSIWYG editor with all the features
- Includes a HTML editor
- Supports any blog system that is compliant with Blogger , MetaWeblog, Movable Type
- Users can preview the blog post in the actual template of the blog
- Users can create, modify, and delete the posts.
- Users can create an entry and save it as a draft and publish it in the future
- It has the ability to fetch recent blog entries.
- Save copies of the entries into local directories before it is published on the blog
- The integrated KDE spell checker supports most languages.
Features in Blogilo Beta1 version
- Insert Blockquote tag into the post
- Insert HTML heading tags into the post
- HTML syntax will be highlighted
- Users can upload files, document and images to the FTP server
- System tray icon becomes optional and become disabled in the default mode.
- The Add/Edit blog dialog feature has improved tremendously.
- The supports for LiveJournal and Drupal are improved.