EditPad Lite is a free text editor that can be used to open and edit text files just like any other text editor software.This freeware is so light and simple to use, thanks to the great interface and user friendly options.
Some of the Features of EditPad Lite are:
- This free editor has built in support to edit files of all kinds. Files created/ Saved in Windows/ Linux or a MAC system can be edited with ease.
- The user can open multiple files simultaneously and navigate from one file to another using the tab feature that is present.
- This editor focuses on the user convenience more than the feature list, and so the user will find it great to use.
- This editor can be downloaded in localized versions (i.e) in the languages of user’s choice. Currently as many as 12 localized language versions are available.
- One remarkable feature is the search feature that is embedded into the software , using which the user can search for any patterns of text and replace them. Once the search has been made the matching patterns in the file are highlighted.
- Editpad lite has Autosave and File recovery options. So the user need not worry about losing the file by accidentally closing the application.
- A character map that contains special characters that are not usually available on keyboard can be used while typing.
- Highlighting URLs, Sorting lines alphabetically and deleting duplicate lines are the other interesting features of this free text editor.
All these features and options make EditPad Lite, a great text editor to use.
EditPad Lite can be downloaded for free from EditPad Lite’s official website and the size of the installer is just about 6MB . Installation and using this free text editor is easy as well. This software is capable of working on various versions of Windows Operating systems including Vista, 7, and XP.
Download EditPad Lite Free.