Auto Mute is a free software that can automatically mute PC when PC starts, or shuts down. This means that PC will not make any sound while starting up, or shutting down. Auto Mute can also mute sound at time of sleep, suspend, shutdown, or when screensaver starts.
Auto Mute will also silent all the sounds from the applications that make sounds while starting up. This includes antivirus software, messengers, and more.
Auto Mute is totally free, and a nice program to keep your PC silent at the time of shutdown or startup.
How to Mute Computer When PC Starts:
- Download Auto Mute.
- Double click on the downloaded file, and install it.
- Once you run the software, you’ll see a simple interface where you can choose at what times you want computer to be auto mute.
That’s it. Now you can easily setup your laptop or PC to go auto mute.
Here are some of the features of Auto Mute:
- Shows a system tray icon for easy access.
- You can specify a shortcut combination to mute or unmute system.
- The system will stay mute till you manually unmute it.
- Very useful in office setting, to prevent unwanted noises.
I am particularly happy to find this type of software. I normally start my PC early in the day when my wife is still sleeping, and I am afraid that the voice of the PC might wake her up. However, this software now solves that problem.
And just to clarify, you can also achieve the same by just muting your laptop before shutting it down. In case you forget to do that, Auto Mute comes to the rescue.