4shared is a web-based service for online file sharing that offers a full 15GB online data storage for free. There are many online providers that provide free online storage, but hardly anyone offers such huge free online storage space.
You will be able to store videos, audio files, documents in 4shared and share files online with the world. Even executable files can be shared online. Also, you will be able to access public files uploaded by other users on 4shared.
In 4shared, your files remain online and can be accessed anytime, thus eliminating many portability issues. The best part is that you can update an existing file without changing its sharing link. Please note that a new file will totally replace the existing one.
Getting Started with 4shared:
You can create a login using Google account, Facebook, Twitter, or create a custom login.
After login, you will be taken to the dashboard from where you will be able to upload and share files online.
How to share files online on 4shared:
Follow these steps to share files online on 4shared:
- On the bottom section of dashboard, you will find a simple upload box with a browse button.
- Click over it and you’ll be prompted to select files to upload. Next, select the files and click on OK.
- Uploading will begin. As user your task will be to wait & watch till it finishes :)
- After a successful file upload, the page will reload and the new files will now be available in the dashboard.
- Now, you can select an existing file and click over the share button on the top bar of the dashboard.
- Copy the shown permalink and share as per your wish. Alternatively, you can share by sending direct emails. The user may also set privacy for the file as per his wish.
* Please note that the file size limit is 2GB. You must take care while performing online file sharing over 4shared. If you require more than this size, then you can upgrade to premium account.
You may also read our post on Zenlok online application to share files.
The Final Verdict:
4shared online file sharing application allows you 15 Gb free data storage. Also, the server response was also satisfactory in terms of uploading and downloading speed. I have no issues in recommending it.
* If you are a developer then by using 4shared API you can create online applications for iPhone, Symbian, Android, Blackberry, Windows mobile, Windows, iPad, Mac, and Linux.
* You may install the 4sync application for better data management over 4shared online file sharing application.