BtProx is a free utility tool which works like a bluetooth proximity utility. BtProx is completely free to use. This means that if you have a bluetooth device paired with your computer, the bluetooth will lock the machine as soon as you walk away from it.
Let us see how it works:
- This application works in sync with your bluetooth device.
- You need to have a bluetooth device paired with your computer.
- The bluetooth device disconnects if you walk away from your computer.
- As soon as the bluetooth device deactivates, so does this BtProx app.
- Immediately, after this timeout your computer gets locked.
The program can be minimized to the system tray showing the current status through a tooltip baloon. Below is the picture of how BtProx looks in your system tray:
BtProx works with Windows XP and Vista. It is a very easy to use program. Here is how to install this program on your computer:
- Download the binary package
- The device has to paired with a computer
- Then you have to run the program and select your device using “…” button next to “Used device” label
- Computer will lock when it reaches the set timeout.
- Click “Start” button
- The program icon will turn orange in color as soon as it finds a device.
- The icon turns red, when the device disappears. Windows will get locked after a few minutes of that. To avoid locking, right-click the icon in system tray and choose “Abort workstation lock”
BtProx is a great application to have, specially when you have to walk away from your computer and you do not want anybody to interfere with your work. The best part is that its completely Free.