Media Center Status application is a very interesting free software to update your Media Center Status on Facebook and Twitter. When you play anything on your Windows Media Center, it will update the status of that on your Facebook and Twitter profiles. Media Center Status application will create a Facebook wall post, update Facebook status, and Twitter status.
When Media Center Status application updates status on Facebook wall, it can also post additional information about media that it can fetch from Amazon. Facebook and Twitter status updates will only contain text about what you are playing on your Media Center.
You can fully customize the status strings. Following are the default status messages:
- If you’re watching recorded TV, live TV, DVD or video, your status is updated to “is watching [program/video/DVD]”.
- If you’re recording TV program, your status will be updated to “is recording [program]”.
- If you’re watching pictures, you status will be changed to “is looking at pictures”.
- If you’re listening to music status will be “is listening to [artist]– [track/album]”. You may configure if status will be updated per track or per album.
Application checks Media Center status every 10 seconds (configurable) and only updates the status if change is detected.
Media Center Status application will also display tweets of your friends on Media Center. You can choose to display tweets of all the friends, or just selected friends. The tweets for your friends will be displayed for 5 or 10 seconds depending on length of the tweet.
Here are some other features of Media Center Status application that you can configure:
- Confirmation before updating the status on Facebook or Twitter
- Get detailed media information from Amazon
- Disable status events completely on certain media type, like ignore the status for DVD.
- Exclude some status updates based on the media title (uses regular expressions)
- Times between which the statuses are updated.