[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Prevent is a free software that prevents the files and folders operations such as cut, paste, copy, delete, and renaming by other users. This program comes really handy if your system is used by others also (like your younger siblings), and you don’t want to mess them with you data. Of course, you could have password protect your folder as well.
Here are some of the features of Prevent:
- Prevent the files from being cut
- Disabled the paste operation on a file and folder
- Users cannot copy the filers and folder to another destination
- The files and folder cannot be deleted
- Prevent the Copy to operation on any files and folder
- Stops the Move To operation on any file and folder
- Stops the Send to operation on any file and folder
- Prevent the renaming of a file and folder
- Can be used with hotkeys
- Configure it with your hotkey to stop the application from running. For example, you can configure to initiate the Prevent Copy function with hotkey Shift + S
- The End Process buttons can be disabled in the Task Manager so that other users cannot shut down any of the process running in the background
- Disabled menu items such as Ctrl C + Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V
- The uninstaller easily remove the program
Prevent can run on all Windows operating system. It is a freeware, and extremely easy to use. You can also password protect your complete hard drive for additional security.
Ok, so i installed it, i love, but how do i autorun prevent but not allow the user profile to access it (because i don't want them to disable the program)
Good question. You can get in touch with creator of this free program here: http://j.mp/9uHehv. He can probably help you with this.