Winsplit Revolution is a Window utility that organizes the windows by tiling them across the monitor. Users can position them to make the best use of the spaces on the desktop. It is developed to organize active windows in high resolution monitors so that they will appear neat.
Winsplit works a lot like the similar software we reviewed earlier: GridMove.Winsplit Revolution allows you to snap the windows into a particular tiled configuration through a keyboard hotkeys press. It completely discards the need of having to drag and drop the windows. It lets you divide the computer screen into two parts, three parts, four parts, five parts, six parts and etc. The window can be resized and move to the left, right, top, and corner of the screen.[subscribe-to-us]
When the program is started, it will appear in the system tray on the taskbar. You can affect the window’s positioning with a numeric keypad scheme. For example, pressing Ctrl + Alt + 1 on the keyboard will position the window to the bottom left. Winsplit Revolution allows you to use the application for personal and non commercial purposes. Another software that you can use to organize desktop is Fences.
Here are some features of WinSplit:
- Winsplit Revolution can be configured to use with hotkeys
- The windows layout is customizable
- Supports 64bits systems that use 32bits applications windows.
- Users can minimize or restore a window with hotkeys
- Windows can appear in mosaic mode
- Ability to drag a window with mouse in order to move it
- Automatically start the program on startup
- The program is automatically updated
- Allows you to resize, move, or reorganized the windows through the automated window handling
- Supports global hotkeys
- Supports multiple languages
- Supports Clickable virtual numerical pad