HowStuffWorks app is a free Windows 8 app using which you can learn how things work. This How Stuff Works app is available in entertainment section of Windows 8 app store. How Stuff Works is a famous website which explains details of even small things and how they work. Now this website is available in form of an app in Windows 8 app store. Just install it and find out how stuff works, watch videos, participate in quizzes and much more.
About HowStuffWorks App for Windows 8:
How Stuff Works is basically a website which is a commercial education and entertainment website. The website explains how things work and ensures every detail is explained in an easy terminology, images, videos, animations, and articles. This Windows 8 app also looks similar to website and it explains all those concepts using the same procedure. You can also participate in quizzes, listen to podcasts, watch videos, and view shows on How Stuff Works.
In How Stuff Works app there are sections like: most popular, channels, stuff, and shows.
- Most popular: In this section you can see all the popular stuff that has been browsed by people or you can choose to view all the stuff.
- Channels: In this section there are sections like: culture, entertainment, auto, money, animals, home & garden, tech, health, and science.
- Stuff: In stuff section there are: facts & quotes, articles, podcasts, videos, countdowns, and quizzes. Use the stuff section to learn things in an innovative way.
- Shows: In shows you can see videos of other websites or shows to know how stuff works.
All these sections aim at education about how things work. Let’s see the features and how to install and use this How Stuff Works app.
Features of How Stuff Works App for Windows 8:
The features of How Stuff Works app are:
- This Windows 8 App is free.
- Read more than 40,000 articles about how things work.
- Listen to podcasts or view videos.
- You can participate in quizzes.
- You can view shows of various other sites.
- View this app in snapped mode too.
How To Install And Use:
To install How Stuff Works app, just click here. Open this link in the Internet Explorer of Windows 8 and the app will open in the Windows app website. Just install the app from there. The app size is 46 MB. Launch the installed app, you can see all the sections, and click on the section you like. If you find any interesting article just click on it, to open and start reading it. You can also go to stuff section to try some interesting stuff.
You can also try another free educational app: Periodic table app for Windows 8.
Learn how things work using this free How Stuff Works app.